Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rice Balls

Looking through my recipes trying to find a quick dinner for tonight. I am pretty sure I need to plan ahead so not every night is a "quick dinner". Anyway...didn't find anything to make, but thought I would post about RICE BALLS since everyone who has had them loves them and wants the recipe.

Rice Balls
2c cooked brown rice
2c. cooked chicken, chopped to be about the same size as rice
1-2c cheddar cheese
1c cooked sweet potato (just bake it at 350 for 30-40 minutes until it is really squishy)
1/4c milk
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch (fiesta ranch flavor)

3 eggs
1/2c. broccoli puree
2c. bread crumbs
Mix the rice, chicken, cheese, sweet potato, milk and ranch together with your hands (seriously, it is way faster and more effective) Roll them into 1" balls, I use a cookie scoop for ease. I put them in the fridge to firm up a bit before breading, not needed though. Beat the eggs and add the broccoli puree if you are using it. Adding that is just a way to sneak some veggies into the meal. Roll rice balls in egg then in breadcrumbs. This is so much easier to do a day ahead or morning of, then just take them out and fry. I fry mine in a deep fryer set at 375 for about 3-5 minutes or until they are nicely browned. I only fry what we are eating then and leave the rest in the fridge to fry later. Buy an extra fiesta ranch packet and mix with a 16oz sour cream to make the best dip for these. 

*You can substitute the ranch packet for other flavorings*

Maybe someday I will post a healthy recipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment