Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crockpot Potato and Corn Chowder

We love corn and potato chowder! I needed to bring a soup to our RS activity last night and feed my family (after a busy day of running everywhere) I usually just make mine up as I go, but I needed something for the crockpot yesterday so I searched a few recipes and came up with this...

Crockpot Potato and Corn Chowder
3 large potatoes, diced (I mean LARGE! Or about 5 cups after the dice)
1 1/2 lb frozen corn
1 large onion, diced
1c. chopped celery
2-3Tbsp garlic
3 strips of bacon
1/2tsp seasoning (I use Nature Seasoning)
4c chicken broth (I use bullion cubes)
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
1/2c milk
1/2tsp. garlic salt (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese
crumbled crispy bacon
Put the potatoes, corn, onion, celery, garlic, bacon, seasoning and broth in the crockpot and cook on high 5 hours or low 8 hours. Take out the bacon and discard (unless you like soggy bacon, bleh.) This is when I take some out for A. This is a great meal for families with food allergies, like milk. Add in the milks and let heat for about 30 minutes. I added some garlic salt right before serving. Pour in bowl and sprinkle with cheese and bacon crumbles. YOU MAY NOT SERVE THIS WITHOUT BREAD!!!!! (That would be a sin.) 

*This could be made vegetarian if you leave the bacon out*


No comments:

Post a Comment